Question
Posted by: GAR | 2008/09/04

Food intake has decreased and unable to

Dear Doc,

I am 27 years old and used to be a sportsman. Now, off late I am unable to eat and my food intake has decreased. I am unable to eat my meals the way i used to. Hence I eat little with difficulty and after a short while I feel hungry again. I also feel breathless soon after I eat. What is my problem? Can you advice.

I do smoke and drink.. Do they cause these problems?

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I suggest that you consult a general surgeon to have a gastroscopy done, in order to visualise the upper gastro intestinal tract, to exclude any pathology causing your symptoms.

You are suffering from dysphasia (difficulty in swallowing) and it is very important that you consult a surgeon to have the above test done.

Smoking and drinking can cause these problems.

Kind regards