Question
Posted by: Debs | 2012/05/24

Food for work

Hello, it is so easy and quick to take a sandwich to work, but I cannot eat bread, it really bloats me up. So which is better couscous or brown rice (which i would mix with tuna or salad instead of bread? And of course less fattening,

Dear Debs
If you find that bread tends to give you winds and cause bloating you could try eating rye bread instead (?). However, from a dietary point of view, couscous also contains wheat, so it could just continue to cause bloating, and it also has a higher glycaemic index than brown rice. I would recommend that you use the brown rice, but experiment with rye bread and couscous to see if they also cause bloating or not, so that you can have a bit of variety every now and then.

3
Posted by: Rachel Stevens | 2012/05/28

Hi Debs
Yes i too get bloated from Bread - Rye is the answer at first it tasted a bit vinigary to me However if one slightly toasts it that taste goes away and is actually delicious Enjoy the Rye Experience
Rgds
Rachel

Reply to Rachel Stevens
Posted by: Debs | 2012/05/25

Thanks so much. Have tried Rye bread it is the same. Have taken couscous this whole week and do not seem to bloat. Will try the brown rice. Thanks again.

Reply to Debs

Dear Debs