Question
Posted by: Anthony | 2011-01-15

Food for Rep''s on the road

This has been bugging me for years and would like some assistance if possible? I''m a rep on the road who tries to stay healthy but because of the rural areas I end up driving through, it''s not easy to find what i''d like to eat. I''ve also been told to not eat too much bread?? On the the other hand, I don''t particularly want to buy expensive foods everyday! Are there foods you can suggest for me to buy or make even supplement drinks or fat free shakes?

Much appreciated

Dear Anthony
It can indeed be a problem to eat a balanced diet when you are always on the road and driving through rural areas that do not have good supermarkets. If you click on 'Diet'nFood' at the top of this page and then do a Search for 'Healthy snacks' you should find the article that I co-wrote last year to address this problem. You will need to make provision for the fact that you can't buy healthy snacks when working by doing your shopping Before you leave and transporting the healthy food in a cooler box.
Hope this helps

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-01-16

Dear Anthony
Hope this helps