Posted by: ME | 2009-01-29

Food for dachshund pups

We have 3 Dachshund pups (the small breed) aged 3months, 4 months and 6 weeks old.
Our vet recommended Royal Canine, but it is getting very expensive as they go through more than 1.5kg in a week.
We also have two Rott Weilers, aged 10years and 3 years, we started of on Eukanuba with the older one when she was a pup, but changed to Montego and we really did not have any problems with their health. I bought the Montego puppy food for the Duchshund puppies and mix that with the Royal Canine.
If I change to Montego all together will they get what they need or should I give them supplements and what kind?

Dear ME

Eukanuba is giving away discount vouchers throught ve5ts and vetshops. You can get R100 off a 15kg puppy food. The cost with the discount will be around R390 for a bag. This is the best valued puppy food around. Buy a 15kg bag and keep the pups on the food for as long as possible.

Posted by: Chill | 2009-01-29

Wait for the vet' s response, but whatever you do, those pups need PUPPY food, not adult food. A growing pup' s nutritional requirements are different from an adult dog' s.

Reply to Chill