Question
Posted by: Ja ne | 2008/09/25

Food and sex

Doc I sometimes get bloated and I must say I picked up some weight. Since this conditin started I get Erectile Dysfunfion.

I want to know does the digestive system problems affect the sexual parts?

What can I do?

Specific foods should not impact directly on erectile dysfunction. However, picking up weight and problems like high fats/cholesterol from an unhealthy diet can eventually create problems in your health in general, and also for your erectile functioning. I strongly encourage you to go to your GP for a check up as erectile dysfunction may be an early warning sign for other more sinister health concerns (e.g. heart failure) and, if this is the case, this needs to be addressed as soon as possible.