Question
Posted by: Earle | 2010/10/26

Food &  water

I have the habit of drinking a glass of water directly after having a meal. In my opinion this prevents me from over eating and it has never bothered me or caused any form of discomfort before. The other day however I was told that this is extremely bad for your digestion system and proper digestion of the food you just ate cannot take place. Is there any truth to this?

Dear Earle
To a certain extent drinking a glass of water immediately after a meal may dilute the stomach acid slightly and thus slow down digestion, but this should not prevent absorption of nutrients as most of them are absorbed in the intestines.

1

Dear Earle