Question
Posted by: Ang | 2008/10/16

Food Allergy?

I think my son, aged two, is allergy to polony. He has had diarrhoea on and off with what looked like blood and mucus, however every time we have it analysed they come up with nothing. We have noticed that when he eats polony about two hours later the diarrhoea is back with the ‘ blood’  in his stools. Do you think this is a food allergy, and if so to what? Second question, is this actually blood in his stool, because when it’ s analysed they can’ t seem to come up with anything.

Dear Ang
There are colourants that can colour stool red, but blood would test positive in the lab. You could be right, he may be sensitive to the preservatives they put in the polony. Does he have any side effects from tomato sauce?