Question
Posted by: Kelly | 2011/07/28

Food

I dont know what to do.
Once I have something to eat for the day, I set myself up for eating all day. I want to eat everything and anything.
Couple of months ago I decided to try not eating which has worked out well for me, I skip breakfast, lunch and only have abit of supper.

Thing is when I eat in the evening there is not much time left befors I sleep that I can spend eating... besides that I am rather hungry by that time but am however only able to eat a bit of food as I get full quicker.

I''ve tried the eating healthy, not snacking, snacking, nothing works but not eating at all.
I have seen a dietician, I am healthy, nothing wrong but nothing works for me.
The reason I started trying to figure what works for me where food is concerned is because I was always slim, I started getting fat and just could not take it anymore. I have since lost about 10kgs, which is what I was 5yrs ago.

I do feel abit drained some days because of the fact that I do not eat anything but its better than not eating all day and having cravings. Why is it that I have this much self control when deciding not to eat at all compared to when I do eat?
I wish I could just have control of myself when I do eat but on the other hand it has saved me lots of time not to mention money.

The problem is ppl are starting to watch what and when I eat so I just pretend I ate when they were away etc as they make a big deal about it since I''ve lost weight as I wasnt over weight to start with. If it is fine with me, isnt it fine since it is working for me.

Ok, dysfunctional eating behavior, and apparently a variety of Eating Disorder. A psychologist offering CBT ( Cognitive-behaviour Therapy )could help you change this dysfunctional behaviour. Not eating at all is just as dysfunctional and unhealthy as constant eating. Stop telling yourself that "nothing works for me" ; many things should be able to work for you if you take a less nagative attitude towards your situation.

2

Posted by: Kasandra | 2011/07/28

I dont understand what you want here? It seems that you just want to continue this unhealthy habbit and behaviour and dont really care about what others think?

But if you really reaching out here is what I think.

By the way the people who are starting to watch you is actually people who care for you.

Do you really want to wake up in 5 years time the same weight but you lost out on life and what life has to give? You were so busy controlling what you eat or not eating that you had no energy for relationships with others or hobbies or doing other things.

Why not rather go see a psycologist spesialising in CBT thereapy instead of dietician as you still scared of that " fat person"  in side of you.

Please keep on posting as you really do need some help.

Reply to Kasandra