I have tried the whole 5 small meals a day, 6 small meals, 3 small meals and 2 snacks.

The only thing I get from that is feeling ill all day as I am forcing myself to eat.

I can happily eat once a day and a bowl of fruit is ideal for me. I eat some meat here and there. Salads too. Egg once in awhile.

Will this be attributing to my not loosing weight? When I eat those 6 meals a day I gained... so that doesnt work for me either.

What can I do?

I spin (alone) for 30 minutes 3-5 days a week. I only need to lose 5 kgs and tone up.

I have angina which is why I dont work out more than that right now. I struggle to breathe after that 30 minutes as it is.

Possibly, yes. I realise the change in routine is difficult and that eating many meals is difficult. but if you feel bloated and full all the time, then you're trying to eat too much. Rather take the same volume of meal (maybe a little more) and spread it over the meals so that you are still consistent.

But if your diet is what it sounds like, where you're eating hardly anything, then this is not conducive to weight loss. If anything, it prevents it, because your body slows down its metabolic rate in response to receiving less energy. So it will definitely pay to eat more meals more often. I just think you may have gone about it badly the first time - it sounds as though you ate too much, which is why you gained weight. You have to be careful that you don't do this, it's not about adding 5 meals a day, but about spreading the meals out over the course of the day.

Finally, what you eat is just as vital - I really think you need to consider seeing a dietician and making sure of these things. The problem is that 5 kg is a relatively small amount to lose and it becoms difficult to see results in that range when everything is not spot on. So diet must be spot on and that's why I'd suggest seeing someone about it.