Question
Posted by: janelle | 2010/08/23

following on re ovaries etc

My previous post: " I have had endless trouble with weight gain, insulin resistance, acne, dysmenorrhoea, over the past 10 years. I am now 26. I just had an internal scan which shows NO cysts on my ovaries but my ovaries are very shrunken. What could this mean and what do I do now? I still have all the problems.EXPERT''S REPLYPosted by: Gynaedoc 22/8/2010
Small ovaries could be a result of contraception or hormonal medication. Weight gain and insulin resistance need treatment with Glucophage and acne with something like Diane 35." 

I have been on glucophage for 2 years and on Yasmin for 10 years- Yasmin initially controlled my periods but not in the last few months.. I have one small fibroid in my womb. I was also put on Casodex 3xweekly to reduce testosterone a year ago- it is the only thing that prevents the acne. I eat a low calorie low fat mostly vegetarian diet. My doctor can''t believe I can''t lose weight on it and I also do intense training with a personal trainer daily. I am at my wit''s end about all of this.

The only thing I can suggest for the weight is to work with a dietician. In terms of your periods, you don't say what the problem is. Are they irregular or are you missing periods or are they regular but just painful

1