Question
Posted by: Wayne | 2012/02/24

Follow up to Eating Plan 23/02

Hi Doc,

Just a follow up to my previous comment and your reply. Thanks for that. Around the water issue. I find that I get dehydrated quickly if I dont drink enough water. I must add that I have about two bottles after my excercising as I sweat quite a lot due to compensatory hyperhidrosis for which I had surgery in 2009. This rectified the problem areas but created triple the problem in other areas which has changed my life drastically for the worse. Is the water that I drink, with this additional information, still too much? I feel over-heated often. Thanks for all the info and advise it has been invaluable to me. By the way I''ve lost just over 1kg this week again and am now down to over 11kgs! :)

Dear Wayne
Thank you for this feedback. If you do suffer from hyperhidrosis which is a tricky condition to live with esp in our hot climate and when you do lots of physical exercise, then I fully understand that you will sweat a lot more than most and need more liquid to replenish what you lose. Make sure that you do ingest potassium (fruits and veg) and sodium (table salt- don't overdo it though) and if you start developing muscle cramps consider taking magnesium tablets 3 times a week. This is just to ensure that you don't develop the electrolyte imbalances I mentioned.
I am thrilled that you have already lost 11 kg - check out 11 x 1 kg tubs of margarine next time you are in a supermarket and relish the thought that you don't have to carry that weight around any more.

1

Dear Wayne