Posted by: CTMOM | 2009-06-25

Follow Up

Hello CS

My daughter is now doing amazingly well by my mom. She got an award yesterday for being a positive role model and excellent student so far this year. This is the same child who less than 8 months ago was almost expelled for stealing and lying all the time, The same child who called social services on me because I made her do chores.

She is happy, healthy, top of her class and all is good.

Which makes me think that I was doing something wrong in raising her and when it comes time for her to come home in 2.5 years, I am worried she will start all over again to be sent back to my mom.

Guess I need to count my blessing all is well now and cross th other bridge when get to it in a few years,

Thanks for all your advise, you made a huge difference in my family life and happiness.

Thanks for the follow-up, and i's good o hear the child is doing much better. I'm sure you weren't doing anything deliberately wrong. Is it practical for you to visit your mom, and discuss calmly wih her, how pleased and proud you are of how well your child is doing, and ask if you and your mom can sit together for a time and talk through what may be diferent in her approach to the girl, and how you could best prepare for the child's eventual return, so as to maintain her progress. And make sure your child hears how proud and pleased you are with her, for doing so well