Question
Posted by: Janki | 2012-01-18

Folliculitis help

I have been to my doctor because I thought I might have folliculitis. It appears I do have folliculitis. I only have it on my legs. She didn''t prescribe me any topical or oral antibiotics and also not an anti-fungal cram or something like that. She said i must rather try to treat my skin and make it more healthy because I won''t be able to cure it. But the folliculitis is really quite embarrassing sometimes. Do you have any advice for me, to treat folliculitis? Currently I am washing my legs with anti-bacterial soap, i throw savlon in my bath water, I use clean towels and I don''t use any oil on my skin. Sometimes I put hydrogen peroxide on my skin, on the bumps, only the 3% product. And sometimes I use Epimax plus. The hydrogen peroxide seems to work quite well. I stopped using mylocort because I heard the hydrocortisone can make your skin thinner. Do you have any advice for me about this condition? What will work for me? any creams, ointments etc? Is aloe vera any good and which products should I never use on this skin? please help me. I really can''t afford a dermatologist. Thank you so much.

Expert ImageNatural health

You can try Ti-tree cream (this is anti fungal and anti bacterial), and a natural anti-biotic like Septogaurd. If the condition does not clear then consult with a homeopath. Also make sure you drink enough water and eat healthy foods, no take out, sugar etc.

Kind regards
Dr Debbie
www.drdebbie.co.za