Posted by: Rocky | 2012-04-10

Good day. So I have irritant folliculitis on my legs, it has been present for almost 10 months now. I went to the doctor. She told me that it is folliculitis but there is not really anything I can do to cure it, except if I stop shaving. Which is obviously not an option for me, I am a 20yr old woman, and do want to have smooth legs at least sometimes. I have been searching the internet for cures and treatments and I have read that oral anti-biotics works but many times the folliculitis returns after the course of anti-biotics have been taken. So I don''t even want to waste my money on something if it is not going to help for sure. I have been using anti-bacterial soap, and anti-septic creams and I don''t shave that often, only every 4days sometimes only once a week. I am so tired of having folliculitis. Do you have any advice for me? Would Neosporin or Polysporin help to cure the folliculitis or what else to you recommend??? I can really not afford a dermatologist now, and I don''t want to use oral anti-biotics just to find that it''ll return again. Please help me...I am desperate. I even take extra vitA(cod liver oil) and Zinplex. And I try to live healthy by not eating junk food a lot and by exercising. I have even tried to use tetmosol soap, it is a medicated soap, it has worked a bit, but now my folliculitis is bad again.

Expert ImageNatural health

Good day

There is homeopathic remedies and Chinese herbal meds that can possibly help with this condition. As this is an inflammatory condition this needs to be addressed.

Kind regards
Dr Debbie