Posted by: Rocky | 2012-04-10

Good day. So I have irritant folliculitis on my legs, it has been present for almost 10 months now. I went to the doctor. She told me that it is folliculitis but there is not really anything I can do to cure it, except if I stop shaving. Which is obviously not an option for me, I am a 20yr old woman, and do want to have smooth legs at least sometimes. I have been searching the internet for cures and treatments and I have read that oral anti-biotics works but many times the folliculitis returns after the course of anti-biotics have been taken. So I don''t even want to waste my money on something if it is not going to help for sure. I have been using anti-bacterial soap, and anti-septic creams and I don''t shave that often, only every 4days sometimes only once a week. I am so tired of having folliculitis. Do you have any advice for me? Would Neosporin or Polysporin help to cure the folliculitis or what else to you recommend??? I can really not afford a dermatologist now, and I don''t want to use oral anti-biotics just to find that it''ll return again. Please help me...I am desperate. I even take extra vitA(cod liver oil) and Zinplex. And I try to live healthy by not eating junk food a lot and by exercising. I have even tried to use tetmosol soap, it is a medicated soap, it has worked a bit, but now my folliculitis is bad again.

The folliculitis is due to a chronic bacterial infection. You will have to ask your doctor to treat you with a three month course of minocyclin. This is an oral antibiotic and it works well to combat folliculitis if used everyday for an extended period of time. I also suggest that you apply Fissan paste bum cream after shaving. This really works.

Posted by: Rocky | 2012-04-12

Thank you so much

Reply to Rocky