Posted by: Folic | 2009-03-30

Dear Dr Bets

About a month and a half ago I developed folliculitis on my upper legs after I trimmed the hair with a body trimmer. It was very red and bumpy. The GP gave me cortisone cream and celestamine tablets, whereafter it took about 3 weeks to clear up. Now, quite long after, I am getting it lightly again, and I don' t think it has ever been gone completely. It is not as red as it used to be, but it is still slightly bumpy.

What can I do to cure this?

Please give me some suggestions.

Thank you.

Dear Folic
Try something like Stopitch cream on the area. If you are using a Loofah - throw it away! Ensure that you use a new blade if you shave the legs.

about a week ago i went 4 hair removal IPL treatment, were they shaved my face before starting the tretment. i know have a mild case of folliculitus on my chin and cheeks. it is red, bumpy, and some pimples have pustules. is there a cream that i can use to get rid of it? please help!!!