Posted by: Pip | 2009-03-20

Follicle Growth

In 2006 had a stillbirth. In 2007 gave birth to daughter and in 2009 had a miscarriage at 9 weeks. Had a D& C, got first period 27 days later, and next cycle was 28 days. Have been going to scans to check ovulation for past two months and it seems that my follicles grow at a rate of approximately 1mm per day. What could the reason be for this? I had a scan this morning, on day 13 and follicle is measuring about 1.4cm in size. Is there anything that I can do to promote the growth of the follicle?

Dear Pip

Follicular growth can be promoted or increased by using drugs such as Clomiphene citrate of injectable forms of the hormone FSH. However these drugs should be prescribed by a medical practitioner and should be given under medical supervision.

Answered by: Dr. Y.M. Dasoo

Posted by: Dee | 2009-03-23

You can try Clomid or injectibles like Menopur. Follicles should grow at around 2mm per day once they are at 1.0cm. Are you with a gynae or FS? Sorry about the stillbirth and m/c, Ive also had one at 8 weeks and its terrible.

Reply to Dee