Question
Posted by: michelle | 2010-04-17

follicle

Dear Doc

I was sterilsed two years ago and have still not had a period. I visited my gynea last year Oct and he told me a lining was forming for a period. Well lately i''''ve had severe pain on my right ovary and phoned the Gynea. He mentioned when he did the ultra-sound last year there was a follicle on the ovary what is this. Also I suffer a lot with UTI. My sister had a Hysterectomy last year she had a cancerous cyst on her ovary, so i''m rather worried. Would a hysterectomy help with my UTI as i do have a retroverted uterus.

Michelle

A hysterectomy will not alleviate the urinary tract infections. If you currently have a UTI, I suggest that you consult a urologist for a cistoscopy. You should definately get a second opionion to determine the reason for not having a period for such a long time. Although you did not provide me with your age, it is possible that you are post-menoupausal.