Question
Posted by: Palesa Lekwaletsoe | 2010/08/31

Folic acid pills

I would like to know what will happen if a pregmnant women doesnt taker folic acid or any vitamins for the baby. And I would also like to know what will happen if they start taking then later (5 months)?

thank you

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Palesa

Not taking a pregnancy vitamin supplement does not mean that your baby will not be healthy, but it does assist in providing much needed supplements and does minimise some risks. Although these are highly recommended during the early phases of pregnacy, starting it during the 5th month of pregnancy will still have some benefits.