Question
Posted by: anon | 2010-09-13

FOLIC ACID

I AM 9 - 10 WEEKS PREGNANT AND MY DOC HAS PUT ME ONLY ON FOLIC ACID FOR NOW - HE SAID I MUST COME BACK IN A MONTHS TIME AND HE WILL PUT ME ON OTHER VITAMINS? COULD THIS BE CORRECT OR DO YOU THINK I SHOULD BE TAKING OTHER VITAMINS AS WELL?

It is fine to just take folic acid at the moment.

5
Posted by: Matshepo | 2010-09-15

Im pregnant with no.2. In my forst pregnancy i took folic acid from when i was trying to concieve until I was 14 weeks pregnant. After that I went on pregnancy vitamins. There is a reason why you need to be on folic acid even before you are pregnant. The baby needs to develop and folic acid is more important than any other vitamin at this stage. The other vitamins do have folic acid as well but not enough for the baby.
I would actually advise you to read up about folic acid and see why it is beneficial for your baby''s development during this critical time in their journey,

I also did the same now that im pregnant again. I only started pegnancy vitamins when i was 13 week pregnant.

Reply to Matshepo
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-09-15

Posted by: Zama | 2010-09-14

Folic acid only in the first trimester and then introduce Pregnancy vitamin supplements. This was the advice from my Fertility Sepcialist and baby is fine

Reply to Zama
Posted by: Boni | 2010-09-13

i was also put on folic acid only for first tri as he believed it is the most important supplement at this time. only at 13 weeks i was put on pregnavit. and all is fine.

Reply to Boni
Posted by: me | 2010-09-13

My Doc put me on pregnavit and folic acid as soon as we confirmed the pregnancy and that was at 5 weeks.
i''m now 11 weeks pregnant and still taking them. i think he said i''ll stop after 3 months.
so if you feel uneasy about this go get a second opinion from another Dr.

goodluck

Reply to me