Question
Posted by: HAPPY | 2008/07/22

FOLIC ACID

MY HUSBAND AND I WOULD LIKE TO START TRYING TO CONCEIVE A BABY IN DECEMBER THIS YEAR. I AM PLANNING TO STOP TAKING THE PILL IN OCTOBER SEEING THAT I WILL TAKE MY LAST PILL OF THE PACKET ROUND ABOUT THE 16TH OCTOBER. THEN I WOULD LIKE TO WAIT A MONTH AND THEN START. MY QUESTION IS HOW FAR IN ADVANCE CAN I START WITH FOLIC ACID TABLETS? WILL IT MAKE A DIFFERENCE IF I START NOW? PLEASE ADVISE. THANK YOU

The recommendation is to start folic acid at least 3 months before you plan a pregnancy. It is fine to start now. It will be good for you.