Question
Posted by: Pregnant | 2008/06/04

Folic Acid

I am 12 weeks pregnant and did not take much Folic Acid in the early weeks of pregnancy. I only took what was included in the multi Vitamins I was on. Should I continue taking Folic Acid now or is it too late. And if I should carry on what strength should I be taking.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Many pregnant women take only the pregnancy vitamins i.e. Filibon and Pregnavit M. However, some gynaes do prescribe additional folic acid during the first 3 months. In your case I would not worry about taking additional folic acid at this stage