Question
Posted by: Rob | 2010-08-17

Focus

Hi There,
I am a 35 year old male, married with 2 children. I have had concentration issues since I was very small but never properly investigated nor diagnosed. A psychologist once hinted at ADD but never took the investigations further.
For the last 3 or 4 months my concentration is worse than ever. I cannot keep my focus on one task for any length of time, am easily distracted and not performing very well with my work at all. I know what I need to do, want to do it and enjoy what I do. Somehow, I cannot maintain my focus.
I am willing to accept that I may have ADD but need advise on the appropriate type of specialist that I need to see. Is it a neurologist, psychiatrist, etc??????????

Hallo Rob
Contact ADHASA adhasa@telkomsa.net or call them on 011 888-7655 Mon-Friday 9am-1pm - they will be able to tell you who the "specialist" in your area is. It usually is a neurologist but may be a psychologist in some areas.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-08-17

Hallo Rob