Question
Posted by: Petro | 2012/03/15

Focal Nodular hyperplasia

I have 2 tomors in my liver - one in the left side and one in the right side, right next to the main artery. They are between 5 - 6cm big (each) Thy are not malignent but they are rather uncomfortable and sometimes painful. My doctor wants to operate. My question is: Can an embolization not solve the problem? Does it have to be surgery???

Petro

Unfortunately, I do not have enough experience to provide you with a well informed answer. It is possible that the tumours have various arteries supplying them with blood and embolization will therefore, not be an option.