Question
Posted by: Bee | 2009/09/04

focal fatty infiltration liver

How serious is it to have " focal fatty infiltration of the liver" . I am told I must have a CT Scan every six month to keep an eye on this, but what about all the radiation I am subject to, for what I beleive is quite a normal condition?. I have never consumed alcohol and only weigh 52kg. The " focal fatty infiltration that is being watched is approx 9cm in length and 3cm high? what do you think.
thank you

Bee

A CT scan does not irradiate the body and it will therefore, be safe to get one every six months. Please refer to the following link regarding Fatty liver disease: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatty_liver