Question
Posted by: concerned | 2009-01-26

Foamy stool

Today I'  ve had a foamy stool. It'  s white and bubble-like. It has happened once before years ago but I'  m just curious to know what it could be.

Dear Concerned
If you only have such foamy stools every few years then this is obviously not a cause for concern. If you had this type of stool all the time it could indicate a condition such as steatorrhoea which can be caused by malabsorption of fat or diarrhoea which can be caused by many different factors. In such cases I would recommend a medical checkup. As I do not know what you have been eating in the past 3 days, I cannot hazard a guess as to what has caused this foamy stool.