Question
Posted by: lorraine | 2012/04/19

flying while pregnant -34 weeks

I am enquiring about the rules for flying while pregnant. I would be 34 weeks pregnant at the time of flying.
I have had my previous baby prematurely. The flight would be from Johannesburg to Sydney.
Would an airline let me fly at 34 weeks or what is the last date.
Which airlines would let me fly at such a late date of the pregnancy and what are their requirements

Expert ImageTravel expert

Dear Casey,
Each airline has its own policies and you will have to liaise with
them as you are close to term esp with history of prematurity. In general Domestic flights are permited up to 36 weeks and International flights may be permitted until weeks 32-35!
Regards,
Pete

2
Posted by: Travel expert | 2012/04/24

Dear Casey,
Regards,
Pete

Reply to Travel expert
Posted by: Casey | 2012/04/19

You will need a doctors letter when you will be flying.
No doctors letter is required when flying when you are 32 weeks or less pregnant. Between 32-36 weeks you need a doctors letter and between 36-40 weeks your are not allowed to fly unless your doctor authorises this.

Reply to Casey