Question
Posted by: anxious | 2008/09/21

FLYING

I woke up Sun am last with terribly sore glands (it seemed only on my right side) and was feeling awful - I went to my gp on Tues and he said I had a throat infection (I dont EVER remember having sore glands when I have had any throat infection) and gave me a Celestone Soluspan inj and 500mg Zinnat and Mucospect and said I must carry on using my Nasonex. I am convinced this i still from when I was sick last month - on 16/8 I had sinus, throat, chest &  ear infections - I had Augment XR and same inj and same cough mixt. I still have thick mucous in my nose - my glands were sore again yest - I took 2 stopane and it helped - and took them again when I woke up 01:40 this am it worried me so much. I am flying to East London Thurs lunch time - finished my Zinnat last night still taking cough mixture and using nasal spray - do I need to speak to my doc about anything else - no ear trouble so far - hope it stays that way!

Thanks for help.

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you continue with the Zinnat for at least a period of 14 days. I also suggest that you use anti-inflammatories, like Panado 500mg, four times per day, to alleviate the inflammation in the glands. Furthermore, you have to continue with the rest of your medication.

1
Posted by: Me too! | 2008/09/22

I feel for you. I have also been like you are in the past. Flying like that can give you earache when the plane starts descending before landing. I would ask your GP to check your ears to see if they' re ' blocked' . My GP gave me these tablets that I took a few days before departure that really kept my ears unblocked so I could fly without pain. It Worked. Apparently, pilots and air hostesses use it quite regularly. Unfortunately I can' t remember the name of the product, but I' m sure your GP will be able to help. Have a good trip, and don' t worry, I' m sure everything will be fine and you will have a great time.

Reply to Me too!