Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2012/09/12

Fluxanol

Dear Cybie
Spring is in the air. What a wonderful feeling. Been back at work for about 2 weeks and it really has lifted my mood to be back in a routine, my little girl is also adjusting well at crè che, even thou I miss her very much I know she is in good hands, also nice to be back at work.
The month on fluxanol helped me, I have about a week of pills left. I was wondering if I can ween myself off them now as my mood has lifted and I feel better. I never liked the idea of using a pill but felt I needed it, now want to move on and stop it again. I am a bit scared thou hinch the already relaying on the pill to “ fix”  the problem.
Can I just start drinking a pill every second day till I am off them.
Any advice?

Hi Kas,
I hope indeed that Spring is here to stay - earlier it sprung out, and then spring back again. Fluanxol is a slightly odd med I looked into many years back ; originally used in higher doses for psychotic illnesses, it proved useful in low doses for anxiety and even mild depression. I haven't come across any real problems in coming off it. If you can manage well enough without it, no harm in stopping. It could also be kept on hand ( in a safe place ) to take occasionally if tension built up again.
Best wishes to you and mini-Kas

3
Posted by: Kasandra | 2012/09/12

Thanks Maria.

Reply to Kasandra
Posted by: Maria | 2012/09/12

My p-doc told me I can take Fluanxol when I feel I need it.

I''m glad to hear you and baby are doing well!

Reply to Maria

Hi Kas,
Best wishes to you and mini-Kas