Question
Posted by: Janq | 2009-03-16

Flushing cont' d.

You say that both, Amlodipine and Simvastatin can cause flushing. I take amlodipine in the a.m. and simvastatin in the evening, yet my flushing generally occurs in the afternoon to early evening. Do you think it is more likely that it is the amlodipine that is causing it? I used to take Lotrel 10/20mg and didn' t have as much flushing at the time. Could it be the generic brand that is causing the problem? Thank you. re: 1343

Dear Janq
It does not sound as if the flushing is associated with your taking of the medicine, have you excluded other reasons like low esterogen (if you are female?)A rare cause of flushing is carcinoid syndrome, a group of symptoms sometimes seen in people with carcinoid tumors. These tumors are rare, and often slow growing. They release too much of the hormone serotonin, as well as several other chemicals that cause the blood vessels to open (dilate).