Posted by: Janq | 2009-03-02

I am fair complexion...I have a problem with seems to be most prevalent in the evening between 5-10 p.m. when my face and particulary my ears turn a bright red. Mornings my skin tone is its normal fair complexion. I am careful not to eat spicy foods  I avoid alcohol of any kind  I don' t eat chocolate. I find that doing a good deal of bending over aggravates the redness as does the sun, which I avoid as much as possible. It is so frustrating to have people comment about how "  red"  I am. I am on the following Rx' s. Gabapentin 700mg/day, Simvastatin 10mg, Singulair 10mg, Propranolol 60mg, amlod/benaze 10-20mg. Could any of these medications be causing my complexion problems?

Dear Janq
Amlodipine and Simvastatin can cause flushing

Posted by: Janq | 2009-03-03

One Rx I take in the am, the other in the evening. Why does the flushing occur only in late afternoon to early evening?

Reply to Janq