Posted by: Carol | 2010-08-13

Hi. I have been using Flunitrazepam. I noticed on your website on various others that it is recommended that one does not use Flunitrazepam with alcohol as this can be fatal. However, I have found from personal experience that if I drink alcohol like maybe wine during the day, and then take one tablet just before bedtime, I cannot fall asleep! It''s almost as if the Flunitrazepam tablet reverses the effects of alcohol. Isn''t the alcohol supposed to make me sleepy, and once I take the tablet I should fall asleep quite easily? With me I either can drink some wine and NOT take the tablet, since I won''t be able to sleep then, even with the Flunitrazepam tablet. Why is this?

It is possible that the interaction between your sleeping tablets and alcolhol is not what you will usually expect but more a diabolical reaction to each other. If you do suffer from insomnia, it will be best to ask your doctor for a more spesific sleeping tablet, like Stillnox.

You should try not to be dependent on medication to fall asleep.

Posted by: Carol | 2010-08-16

Thanks for your response. I am already dependant on the Flunitrazepam, have been taking it for about 18 years already. I have tried going off it before but got so sick from the withdrawal symptoms. My doctor doesn''t mind prescribing it for me since I have been using it for so many years and I don''t abuse the tablets. I never take them to sleep during the day, only at night. I have tried Stilnox before and it doesn''t have the same effect as Flunitrazepam. Have even tried Rivatril, first one tablet at night and eventually two, but then I only get about 3 hours sleep at the most.

Reply to Carol