Question
Posted by: Mandi | 2009-09-28

Fluids

Hi Doc,

I have a few kidney stones in my right kidney and I (painfully) pass one every year or so.
I try do drink 2L water a day, I really do, but I just can' t get myself to drink all of it. I' ve tried the 1/2 glass every half hour. I' ve tried drinking a glass everytime I go to toilette, but after 2 glasses I just can' t get myself to drink anymore.

is it okay if I dilute 100% fruit juice 50/50 and drink 2L of that? Does it HAVE to be pure water?

Mandi

It is 100% but what is the chemical analysis of the stones you are passing? This will influence what you can do to prevent them.