Question
Posted by: valerie pollitt | 2011/03/04

FLUID DIET

I have just had a colonoscopy and am having a ct scan on my pancreas. I have been advised to go on a fluid diet and wonder if you could help me.

Dear Valerie
In the case of having a CT scan of the pancreas the radiologist should inform you what liquids you may ingest because this would depend on the type of scan that is going to be done. If you are supposed to only ingest those liquids that contain no residue then you would need to use only clear soup (made from stock cubes or Bovril/Marmite and boiling water) and clear fruit juice (apple juice) and water or energy drinks. Please contact that X-ray department where the scan will be performed and ask them if you need to use a very-low-residue diet or if you are allowed a mixed fluid diet.
Holding thumbs for the scan

1

Dear Valerie
Holding thumbs for the scan