Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2011/01/24

fluid diet

I''m really tired of my weight and need to loose 40kg. So I''ve decided to only have Hedra-cut (4 per day), iron and B12- &  Bcom injection, multi-vit and calcuim supplement with fluids till I''m on my goal weight. What vit or mineral would I also need? I can''t eat till I''m on my goal weight so don''t try and convince me to eat.
.i am afraid of dying so how long could I keep it up before at risk? I''m approx. 105kg and 1.7m.

Dear Fluid Diet
I cannot with a clear conscience approve of your decision to go on a fluid diet without the supervision of both a dietitian and a medical doctor. For your own sake PLEASE contact a a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), to monitor your health if you insist on following this potentially dangerous path. To maintain life you need at least 2,5 litres of liquid a day (tees, coffee, fruit juice, water, etc) and a complete vitamin and mineral supplement such as Centrum or Supradyn Forte plus the additional calcium to prevent you from developing deficiency diseases. If you do not have any source of energy in your liquids then you will start feeling faint and dizzy and develop severe headaches within a few days. You may endanger your safety if you drive when you are dizzy and you will soon start feeling tired due to lack of fuel (carbohydrates). In addition you may develop ketosis which can be serious and dangerous.
In view of all these negative aspects I would urge you not to do this liquid diet on your own without some medical and dietetic assistance.
Take care

1

Dear Fluid Diet
Take care