Posted by: Kasandra | 2009-06-25

Hi cybie hope all is well ur side, my side everything was fine till just before my bday, all these insecurities and emotions came out - i had 2 panic attacks and alcohol is a disaster lately. Now i feel drained and full of anxiety when i sit still and alone my heart beats fast - going to doctor cause have allergies and tight chest was wondering if she can prescribe me something - what is ur view on fluanxol ? Also anxiety about wedding plans going on holiday from next week

Hi Kas-ie,
Also among God's Frozen People ? Brrrr I wonder whether there was an anniversary effect in your recent perturbation ( a nice word I don't get enough chances to use ). Panic attacks should be brought under control with CNT focussed specifically on that, and some drugs also used for depression, like SSRI antidepressants can take the steam out of the panics. Fluanxol some GPs like, but it's sort of hedging your bets --- it's a bit of a tranquillizer ( much better than the benzo's in being unlikely to cause abuse problems ) and mildly antidepressant ( rather than somewhat depressant as benzo's are ). The alcohol needs to be reduced and stopped as it feeds depression and can complicate most drugs ( of all sorts ) and isn't ultimately helpful. Panic can include discomfort in breathing even without an allergic component.