Posted by: Flu | 2009-08-10

Flu Vaccines

Dear Doc
Please can you enlighten me about two things.
We are bombarded from all sides with notices telling us to have flu vaccines. So in March, well before winter, I went and had one [even after vowing never to do so again]. In the past whenever I had one, that year I would get the flu and feel worse than the times I didnt have one.

Now this year the same happened. I am 59 so went for vaccine in March. But I have been trying for over two weeks to shake off this flu.

1st Question. Is one supposed to have 2 vaccines one before winter and one during winter for it to be effective?

2nd Ques. With this flu I have been having terrible Night Sweats but whenever I take my temperature it is below normal. At one time 95.5. Why is my temperature so low ?
Thanks for your advice

1. It is only necessary to have one vaccine that contains the possible flu virusses predicted for a spesific flu season.

2. The flu will usually cause an increase in body temperature and I therefore, suggest that you consult your doctor, in order for him/her to investigate why you are experiencing a low body temperature.

Please also refer to the following link for detailed information about the influenza vaccine: