Posted by: kelvin | 2012-11-15

flu vaccine

Hi. When do you think is the best time to take a flu vaccine? I had one around 8 months ago but just wondering how often I need to get one.

Also, is there anything besides beta blockers that can help with essential tremor?

Thanks alot.

You can have a flu vaccine twice yearly. Consult your doctor for the latest vaccine. Usually it is released twice a year.

Essential tremor can be treated with a beta blocker but can have severe impairment of physical activity, as the heart rate is slowed down. Gabapentin or topiramate has been found to also reduce the severity of essential tremor. Please however, note that there is no cure for this condition.