Posted by: So Tired | 2009-10-16

Flu - symptoms 3months

Dear Doc,
I ' ve been feeling as though my body is fighting the flu for almost 3months. Feel very fatigued all the time. Each time I try to carry on with exercise like walking and cycling I feel totally run down and the flu like symtoms get worse.

During this time I have been on 4 courses of antibiotics but nothing has helped. All that happened was I developed a bladder infection which I have not had in over 10 years.

My throat has been extremely painful and raw so I went to the ENT in case it was my sinus or tonsils. He would not remove the tonsils as he said they were not that bad and I need to be in good health to have them removed. [I am 60 years old]

He did a full blood test . I collected results from his receptionist and she said all was fine except that the White Cell Count was a little high : 11.29. Can you tell me what that means please?

You should consult your doctor to have a battery of tests done, as there are many causes for fatigue and a feeling of chronic illness. With an allevated white cell count, it can mean that you fighting a chronic infection. Therefore, it is imperative that you consult your doctor for a full examination and tests.