Question
Posted by: Cally | 2009/03/26

flu shot safe for crohns?

Hi Doc,
I have crohns, and am currently on immunosuppressant medication (azapress) as well as others. I am just starting with flu, and usually this will drag on for weeks until it sorts itself out (usually doesn' t respond to antibiotics, etc). I really don' t like the idea of getting flu over and over as autumn sets in, so am considering getting a flu shot. My question is, is it safe for me on my meds?

Dear Cally
You can use the flu injection ( as it contains inactive viruses) but not the nasal spray flu vaccine ( that contains active viruses)