Posted by: Natz | 2009-03-28

Flu shot for a teacher??

Im a grade 1 teacher and I always seem to pick up a bad cold or two EVERY winter from all those snotty kids in my class. Ive never had a flu vaccine before (Im 27) and was wondering if this is a good idea to consider this winter as Im tired of getting sick every winter.....
Ive heard a flu shot can make u sick? Is this true??? Should i go get a shot then or not? If yes, how soon should I go so that Im protected for the entire winter of 2009?

I suggest that you ask your doctor for a Vitamin B Co injection, as well as the flu vaccination.

The flu vaccination can not make you ill and you should be covered for the season but only for the flu strains of virusses that you have been innoculated for. This definately does not include the common cold.