Posted by: Michael | 2011-11-02

Flu lasting months

I''ve been sick for at least 3 months now with flu-like symptoms. I''ve gone to the doctor, each time I''m given stronger antibiotics which sometimes has no effect whatsoever, sometimes there''s a 1-2 week improved state between " flu''s"  where I only have trouble breathing &  intermittent fever, then full flu symptoms reemerge. One doctor''s done blood tests &  said there'' s no sign of infections. Is this normal? The doctors just look worried, give me more antibiotics &  tell me to come back if the symptoms persist.

In light of your chronic symptoms, it is possible that you do not have flu and that your symptoms are due to something else. I suggest that you consult an internal specialist for an examination and opinion.