Question
Posted by: mona | 2010-04-14

flu inj

I heard goodand bad things about the flu inj for this year i am just scared to have it as apparently there have not been a lot of testing on the h1n1 vaccine that is included in this inj and can cause a llot of complications later in life, how safe is it and would you recommend it?

Hallo Mona
At the moment no flu vaccines are available, as all the current stock has been used up or bought by the government for public roll out to at risk patients. I take the flu vaccine every year - it is an inactive virus so it can't make you sick, it just stimulates your immune system to recognize the virus when you do come into contact with it. The swine flu vaccine was tested very quickly but so far no reports of serious side effects were noted.

2
Posted by: Rene | 2010-04-14

I''ve googled the internet before we went for our shots (me, hubby and 10yr daughter) and could not find anything about complications. We had it about 3 weeks ago and nothing happened to us. Problem is chances are good that by the time you have made up your mind its not available anymore because it is becoming very scarce I believe (see newspaper today). Where do you live because I know in Cape Town it is out of stock already.

Good luck!

Reply to Rene
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-04-14

Hallo Mona

Reply to cyberdoc