Question

Flu in first trimester - please help

Anyone please help. I' m about 8 weeks pregnant and from today have the flu. What can I use to ease the pain in my throat and the heaviness in my head and the runny nose. I heard I cannot take any over the counter medication, but does anyone have some advice that could help me please.

Thanks.

You can take Panado and Vitamin C. Strepsils are also fine.

2

Also panado has come out with a med-lemon type of drink. It only contains paracetamol, vitamin c, lemon, honey and ginger.

Hi there, I am now 31 weeks pregnant and about two weeks ago I picked a lung infection from my daughter with very bad flu like symptoms. My gynae prescribed Augmentim (antibiotic) and Panado tablets. Also Expigen Cough Syrup for coughing. That is about all that is safe in pregnancy, but phone your gynae first to check if this is alright. Good Luck