Posted by: Babohla | 2009-03-30

Flu during pregnancy

My wife is 19 weeks pregnant and she is got a flu, what can i get her that will assist without hurting the baby?

Panados, Benylin cough syrup and Strepsils, depending on her symptoms.

Posted by: IJK | 2009-03-31

I am pregnant, when I was about 8 weeks into it, I got flu. the pharmacist advised not to take any drug, only the natural stuff is allowed. I used ginger and it cleared within days. I crushed the ginger root that you buy from the supermarket or vegetable shop, put it in a cup, add boiling water, and some sugar, drink while hot. or you can boil the ginger root, then let he drink the juice while it' s hot. within days it was gone. she must get enough sleep

Reply to IJK
Posted by: Buhle | 2009-03-30

Hi Babohla, I think you must just go to the Pharmacy tell them that your wife is preggies and she has flu i' m sure they will give you something they game me a panado. so yah.

Good Luck hope she feels better,

Reply to Buhle