Question
Posted by: Nix | 2008/07/22

Flu and 7 weeks pregnant

I' m 7 weeks pregnant and i have a major sinus infection. is there anything i can do??

Hi Nix
You can use drixine nose spray to open your nose - only for 5 days
Rinse your nose with saltwater - make up 1 cup of luke warm water with 1/2 teaspoon salt, sniff in and blow out - try to do this 3 times a day
If the phlegm is yellow or green and you have pain over the sinuses you can use certain antibiotics - discuss with your GP
Good luck!

1
Posted by: BMJ | 2008/07/22

Nix, you need to get antibiotics. I also had it and was my doc said I need to treat any infection. I can also recommend that you make up a solution of half a liter of water - I use cooled boiled water, half a tsp salt and half tsp bicarb mix it and snort it up and spit out. It sound gross, but if you do that daily it will keep the nose bugs away and as it is your nasal passages swell during pregnacy making it hard to breathe through your nose.

Reply to BMJ