Question
Posted by: Nelly | 2011/03/15

Flu

I have a persistent cough that does not want to go away. It''s the 3rd week now and i have tried everything. iAt first i had all sorts of symptoms e.g. coughing, burning chest , short breath.

i went to a doctor and he prescribed a anti biotic course which i had to take for 5 day. it''s now finished and the coughing is still present., the rest is gone though.

Also now, when i cough, sometimes i cough so hard that i nearly vomit. Please help, ,my xrays came back normal.

What could be wrong with me?

Hallo Nelly
Some viral infections may cause coughing for a few weeks after the infection. If the lung x/rays are clear, try using an antihistamine like DAZIT once at night and if your chest is wheezing or tight, try a cough syrup like Alcophyllex - just do not use more than indicated on the bottle as it can cause heart palpitations.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/03/15

Hallo Nelly