Question
Posted by: Tracey | 2010/04/12

Flu

I had flu last year (2nd time in my life), literally thought I was going to die. Was the real thing and the GP gave me Tamiflu and then Antibiotics as I am Asthmatic. He said he did not have to even test for swine flu he was so sure. Caught it fm a friend whose boyfriend nearly died of it in a KZN hospital on a biz trip, he tested positive and she was also as sick as a dog. I am wondering if I would have built up anti-bodies by now or if I should have the flu jab anyway? I''m allergic to feathers, think its cultured in an egg or something? I tend to have reactions to drugs so not sure which way to hedge my bets.

Hallo Tracey
If you are allergic to eggs it may be a problem. I think you should have the normal seasonal flu jab anyway as flu viruses tends to mutate ( change) from year to year.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/04/13

Hallo Tracey

Reply to cyberdoc