Posted by: Lizelle | 2009-05-27

In February I got a terrible cold - I seldom get sick, but I was very stressed because my brother was in ICU etc etc. I went to the doctor, and I got antibiotics, and even though it got better, it never went away completely. I saw the doctor again but he said that he cannot give me more antibiotics I' ll just have to wait it out, which I did. I then got a terrible cough, which went on for weeks, and as soon as the cold went away, the flu started all over again. I' ve got it in my head and in my nose - could it be sinus. I' ve been buying over the counter medicine, but it works while you drink it, then it is back. Or could it maybe be some kind of allergy. I' m a very healthy person and not allergic to anything, so not sure. The one thing that I' ve started doing that is different is I' ve started eating bubble gum - you know the ones they say is good for your teeth, cannot think of the name now. Could it be that as well???? It just feels as if I' ve been sick forever, which I probably have been counting the months.

Dear Lizelle
No I don't think it is the bubble gum causing your symptoms. You may have a lingering viral infection. Try using an immune booster like Viral choice C or Immunochoice. If you sinuses are painful, and you have a yellow or green phlegm when you blow your nose, it could be sinusitis and you may need a second course of antibiotics. Rinse your nose with Salt water ( sniff in and blow out) - make up 1 cup lukewarm water plus 1/2 teaspoon of salt.