I have had flu since good friday. i was self medicating with medication like advil cs, one day flu cure. I went to the doctor last week and she put me on anitbiotics which i have since completed. I have coughing fits which occur most often in the early morning. I also have asthma and have experience difficulty breathing after i got the flu which was not a problem before. I have used and finished alot of flu medication in the past flu weeks without much of an overall change. I do not want to overdose of flu medication. I am not sure what to do at this point.

Dear Anonymous
Please let your doctor know, you may need some cortisone to reduce inflammation in the lungs, and if you feel short of breath, you may need a lung function test to determine how bad the inflammation is.
Are you using your asthma medication ?

Yes i am usually in the morning when i have the most difficulty breathing.